For the person who has traveled the world and wants a new adventure, or the person who likes to live by the beat of their own drum, consider alternative travel options instead of the regular site-seeing or beach resort trips. Here are some ideas to help you find a vacation that you'll remember for years to come:
· Cruises are available that go beyond the typical cruise you'd expect to find sailing the seven seas. Some cruises offer the studious traveler much more, including a well-stocked library as well as workshops and lectures while at sea, usually specifically pertaining to the area of the world you're exploring.
· If you are a fan of a movie you will find travel destinations that are focused around that particular film. For example, Lord of the Rings movie-lovers will enjoy exploring the sets of Peter Jackson's take on Tolkien's middle-earth by touring the sets of the movie.
· If humanitarianism is your thing, there are many organizations, both religious and non-religious, that allow you to help people in cultures less fortunate than us. You can build wells or homes or markets for them to use. You'll feel great at the end of this vacation!
· For the adventure seekers, a far more exciting experience might be enjoyed by backpacking through rugged wilderness, mountain-climbing, or whitewater rafting.
· For the traveler on a budget, you will have a great holiday if you and a group of friends simply choose a place on a map and drive to it for a cup of coffee. Even if the drive takes all weekend, you will gain a lifetime of memories in just a few short days.
· For aficionados of a certain pleasure, be it wine, beer, food, or cigars, there are tours available for every taste in nearly every region. For example, you could spend weeks (well, actually months) sampling the fine wines of Italy, or touring the pubs if Ireland, or sampling the delectable foods of France. Whatever your pleasure, you'll find a travel destination for it.
· Or for those interested other pursuits, such as archaeology, architecture, or art, you'll find tours that are focused on your very interests.
So this year, when you're deciding what you want to do for a holiday, why choose the same old thing? Go for something daring and different and choose a vacation that will be as unique and memorable as you are. You won't forget it!
By : Edwin Ramires